Culture of Readers Journey November

As November progressed, our Culture of Readers projects did too.  We analyzed our data, focusing on specific questions. My problem was students wanting books fresh off the printing press, and for our solution we plan to create a mock Newbery award.  Some of my findings from our data were students want newly published books, but they don’t know where to find them. Also, many students don’t know of books fresh off the printing press  might be Newbery Award contenders. This is a big problem, because we want students to read newly released books, but have an open mind while reading them. This is so they can understand the messages the book might give them.  We had to put all of our findings into one big writeup, and believe me, it took a while. When had to have five analysis paragraphs – one for each question, and intro and conclusion had to be written. Right now, we are just starting to make our infographic to prove there is a problem in our school/community.  To show our data visually, my group and I are going to make three graphs – and triangle chart, a donut chart, and an icon graph. Each chart would represent a different question or piece of our data. After our charts were approved, we were given the login to the infographic maker (Piktochart) and started creating them.  I think it’s really cool that we have the opportunity to create infographics for the whole school to see to prove our problem. It’s one things for students to read our write up, but for them to see it visually, it hooks them in by catching their eye. My group and I plan to make a graphic about students being excited about reading recently released books.  Our whole point for the infographic is to tell a story about our problem. We will be continuing to determine how our solution will work as the year goes on.

0 comments