Spring Break Reading

Over spring break, I went to New Orleans (and Memphis).  In case you don’t know, that’s 14 hours in my Grandma’s sedan, which offers no leg room.  However, it was worth it. On the way up, I read both of my books – the 2nd and 3rd books of the Masterminds series (Masterminds: Criminal Destiny and Masterminds: Payback).  These were so action packed that I had read both of them before we even got there.  In Memphis, I had barbecue to rival Kansas City, went 300 ft above the city in a giant Bass Pro Shops, and visited the famous Beale Street (Home of the Blues) to listen to live music. In New Orleans, I walked the whole French Quarter (Seven Miles), visited the National WWII museum, tried an oyster (My First!) and a Po-Boy (New Orleans version of a sub), and got about nine million plastic bead necklaces (They were everywhere – Trees, gates, Mardi Gras Museum, Buried in the ground, street signs, etc).  I also went on a Cemetery/Voodoo tour and saw the Voodoo queen grave (Ancient, but cool). I took my Read Here, Read there, Read Everywhere photo next to the Natchez original steamboat.  In the picture, I didn’t actually have my books on me, so I was reading a travel brochure from the check-in desk (I actually ended up reading the whole thing because I just wanted to read something).  Well, that’s it – after 14 hours straight in the car (That’s right, we didn’t stop at Memphis this time,6:00-8:00). We got home, and over the weekend, I was able to indulge in my collection of books and comics.

0 comments